The First Week … ish
I was planning on a “first week back” post after the first week of the Fall semester, but it ended up being a different first “week” than what I’ve associated with “normal.”
- I have two Biology labs now. Fun. Right now there’s a huge difference in the skills required: I have a couple of weeks of microscope stuff that Anatomy & Physiology I has already run me through, but on the flip side Anatomy & Physiology II has thrown us in the deep end.
- We had our “Violent Intruder Drill”, which I thought was usually in October. This one was less terrible than the last two I’ve sat through.
- We had an unexpected fire alarm. Even this early in the semester, we took our sweet time evacuating. Hooray for the burning alternative?
- I’ve completed my first Fieldwork session, and with the schedule I can accommodate, I have plenty of leeway in my hours. I hope my next Fieldwork placements allow such scheduling ease.
- I could have waited until I had my first quizzes, but by that point I wouldn’t get something up until October. First month is more like it.
- I’ve missed an alarm already — user error — but had a cat as backup.
- I’ve experienced first-hand what happens when the parkade closes and your car is still inside.
So there is my first extended week. Maybe the semester won’t get any worse.
–Kiyoshi “The Prototype”
Your #1 Canadian eh?
Respect the Technique, Triangle Army