Signs you’re dating a Nurse
- You start memorizing how long it takes to prep and cook
- You time meal readiness to coincide with their return
- You pack 6+ small containers of easily eaten food that won’t typically cause bad breath
- In case of bad breath, you buy breath mints once a month along with the regular groceries
- You do the grocery shopping between your classes or before/after work
- You become intimate with the various washer and dryer cycles and their exact times
- You do a load of laundry 1.5-3 times a week, because no one wants to wear dirty scrubs
- You get a crash course in human anatomy and physiology
- You enrol in a post-secondary course for human anatomy and physiology to better understand conversations about work
- You have blacked out the bedroom window so they may better sleep during the transition from day shifts to night shifts
- You learn to maximize the few moments available during their 4-day 12-hour shifts
- Their coworkers recognize you from popping in with coffee and treats
- You find medical textbooks open to various pages
- You begin to memorize certain pages from said medical textbooks
- You are familiar with – and a fan of – one or more of the following shows: Scrubs, Grey’s Anatomy, ER, House M.D.
- You are familiar with – and a fan of – one or more show not listed above
- You are familiar with many of the normal questions asked by medical professionals in regards to what ails you
- You don’t see a doctor, you get the bulk of your clinic-worthy visits done at home between shifts
- Your friends want to see you for medical advice instead of waiting for a doctor
Any more to add? Comment below!
–Kiyoshi “The Prototype”
Your #1 Canadian eh?